photo NavIG_zps7563fd85.png photo NavPin_zpsd777ef70.png photo NavYT_zpsbdfa2471.png photo NavBL_zps47aef9ce.png


Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Our couple's shower

I was so lucky to have 2 showers thrown for me (and Jon) during our engagement. My bridesmaids threw us a super fun skull themed couples shower full of great food, beer and what else....corn hole! This shower was at the end of November (and our first shower) so it was fun to start getting gifts off of our registry!



They made Jon wear a "ball and chain" and I had to sport a sweet dia de los muertos veil....


I was blind folded and had to feel each of the male guests' wrist and guess which one was Jon's. Of course I guessed wrong...I was SO sure that my brother in law's wrist was Jon's. I think I had just said "this is definitely not Jon" in the pic below...


Jon must have a higher IQ than me, he got mine right.


Here is Jacob and Cole, the winner's of the corn hole tournament (check out that gold corn shaped trophy)


Unfortunately Jon and I got "iced" while opening gifts. If you aren't in the loop on what "icing" is, it is when someone hides a Smirnoff Ice somewhere and when you find it, you have to drop down to one knee and drain it. Disgusting. 


Here I am with the wonderful hostesses/my bridesmaids


More shots of the night...




5 comments:

Michelle said...

OMG y'all seriously win the award for cutest couple!

I have never heard of "icing" before but that is freakin HILARIOUS!!!!

I can't wait for our couples shower! It is the 1st weekend in August and I'm so excited!!!

Claire Beeks said...

Adorable!!
Dia de los muertos...hahaha that is great...and the ball and chain! Whoever threw this did an awesome job! And the photographer (momma fanning?) did a great job!

Kristen Thornburg said...

Haha... looks like so much fun! Thanks for sharing with us! Gave me some good ideas for the next time a friend gets married! :)

Claire said...

oh wow this looks like so much fun!

Joeylee said...

looks like you guys had a blast, what a fun shower! You guys are such a cute couple!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...