photo NavIG_zps7563fd85.png photo NavPin_zpsd777ef70.png photo NavYT_zpsbdfa2471.png photo NavBL_zps47aef9ce.png


Wednesday, May 4, 2011

BBQ Meatloaf


Yet again another easy and tasty recipe. I hadn't originally intended for my blog to be all about recipes but like I've mentioned before, as a newlywed I am loving trying new recipes for my hubby! Jon and I aren't huge fans of meatloaf, I will eat it but it is not my fave and Jon despises ketchup. I modified this recipe to make BBQ turkey meatloaf. Seriously it takes 10 minutes to prep, pop it in the oven and an hour later, you have a delicious meal ready to be devoured.

Ingredients
1 1/2  lb ground meat (beef or turkey)
1/2  cup dry Italian breadcrumbs
1/2  cup  chopped onion
1/3  cup  barbecue sauce, divided
1 1/2  tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2  tsp black pepper
2  large egg whites


1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Mix the raw meat, breadcrumbs, onion, 1 tbsp barbecue sauce, egg whites, garlic salt, pepper and chili powder in a large bowl
3. Pour the mixture into a 9x5 greased loaf pan and spread the remaining BBQ sauce over the top of the meat loaf
4. Bake at 350° for 1 hour 

Enjoy!
 








2 comments:

theFoodette & Family said...

Hey Ruthie,
For the onions, get a slap-chop. It will rock your world :-) I think they even carry them at HEB.
Also, you could totally make this in the slow-cooker! Low-n-slow.
The bf was never a big meatloaf fan either, that was until he had my sweet-n-sour meatloaf. I'll email it if you'd like (doesnt use ketchup, dont worry!)
*Susan

Jane Lindsey Norton said...

they also sell pre-chopped onions at HEB!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...