photo NavIG_zps7563fd85.png photo NavPin_zpsd777ef70.png photo NavYT_zpsbdfa2471.png photo NavBL_zps47aef9ce.png


Thursday, April 21, 2011

My favorite wedding websites

I think this is a sign that I am growing up...everyone around me seems to be getting married or having babies! Marriage- check....babies- hang on a few years :-). My Facebook home page has been blown up by TONS of engagement stories, pictures and videos the past couple of months, how exciting! Since I know there are lots of newly engaged brides out there, probably scared out of their minds to start the draining process of planning a wedding, I thought I'd share some of my favorite wedding websites and tools. Jon and I got engaged on July 15th, 2010 and got married 6.5 months later on February 5th, 2011...yep I managed to seamlessly pull off a 150 person wedding in less than 7 months (*patting self on back hehe). I would love to give myself all the credit but it sure does make it easy when your sister got married the previous year and sent me 25 giant Excel files of wedding planning info the day after we got engaged (THANK YOU CORI!). Anyway, we had no reason for waiting and knew we wanted a short engagement and it turned out to be the perfect amount of time. Although married life is a BILLION times better than dating/engaged life, I get a tiny hint of sadness looking at my wedding pictures, thinking about how much fun it was to be the bride (maybe that's why I am dying for certain friends and family members to get engaged...I love weddings!).

If any men got this far into reading this post, be prepared to ZZZzzZZZzz through the next couple of paragraphs but ladies, here ya go!

Wedding Paper Divas- this is Tiny Prints sister website and the one stop shop for save the dates and invitations. They are reasonably priced, fully customizable and shipped right to your front door. We waited for a 20% coupon (they have awesome deals!) and ordered both our save the dates and invites (below). We did a postcard for our save the date with 4 of our engagement pictures on it




MyWedding- this is where we made our custom wedding website to give guests details on the wedding, hotels, pictures, registries, etc. They also have tons of planning tools, blogs and etiquette guides.


The Knot- the knot is the mecca website for wedding planning. From inspiration boards, local vendors and 100's of pictures of centerpieces, hairstyles and ideas, they have it all. I am pretty sure you can make a wedding website through them as well. 

The Wedding Chicks- this is every DIY bride's dream. They have customizeable monograms, templates and downloads that will make your heart melt. I made a few different monograms for our programs, menus and table cards (which I designed and printed myself, programs below)



Martha Stewart Weddings- Martha has some beautiful wedding pictures, ideas and DIY templates for every type and style of bride. I printed out this cute card (about the size of a business card) and it was placed on each piece of cake and served to guests, so cute! Our wedding coordinator left us a piece of cake in our honeymoon suite that we devoured the next morning after 3 hours of sleep.


If there are any brides reading who need help with wedding related stuff or have questions, feel free to message me! I would be delighted to help!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...