photo NavIG_zps7563fd85.png photo NavPin_zpsd777ef70.png photo NavYT_zpsbdfa2471.png photo NavBL_zps47aef9ce.png


Thursday, March 31, 2011

Pumpkin butter

Since becoming a wife and moving into a home with a much bigger kitchen, I have been on the quest to try new recipes. I do 100% of the grocery shopping and probably 75% of the cooking at home (what can I say, I am traditional and love takin' care of my hubby) and my husband will eat anything so hey, why not try something new!  Jon loves cooking for me and is a huge help around the house with cleanup, dishes and laundry, we definitely do share other chores. Some of his specialties include Swedish pancakes (his grandma is 100% Swedish and taught him the secret to perfection) and homemade Italian pasta sauce (he's 75% Italian). We've been on a friend egg sandwich kick lately and he is the master at those babies!

I snagged this UH-mazing recipe from Sweet Tooth Sweet Life and I just had to share. Jon said it reminded him of apple butter and I think we are officially obsessed! I LOVE pumpkin during the holidays (pies, seeds, muffins) but who says you can't eat it year round.



Ingredients:
1 can (15 oz.) pure pumpkin
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp cinnamon


Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring frequently, for 20-25 minutes or until thickened.




I cannot recommend this recipe enough!

2 comments:

Emily C. said...

yummm!! they both look so good! now i'm craving pumpkin...

Cara said...

I cannot wait to try out this recipe tonight :) I love anything and everything pumpkin no matter the season!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...