photo NavIG_zps7563fd85.png photo NavPin_zpsd777ef70.png photo NavYT_zpsbdfa2471.png photo NavBL_zps47aef9ce.png


Thursday, March 3, 2011

The BEFORE tour of the new house

My hands ache as I am writing this post. Last night Jon and I spent 3 hours priming the wood paneling in our living room to be painted next week and my hands are filthy!! For some reason, Jon came out virtually spotless and I somehow ended up with paint in every nail bed, knuckle, and centimeter of my forearm (and I ended up finding some in my hair last night!). Painting is exhausting! Being the impatient gal I am, I rocked out on the roller while Jon worked on the trim but between entertaining Mr. Ernie and straining our poor little backs, we feel like we have been run over by a train! I managed to take a "before video" of the house before we destroyed the living room with paint supplies. 

Here is a short video of our quirky new 1950's pad. The house is located in North Central Austin in a cute neighborhood called Brentwood. We are 0.6 miles from the famous Torchy's Tacos, about a minute from the original Amy's Ice Cream and extremely close to downtown! 


We will be painting the front room and wood paneling (dining area and living room) Glidden's Warm Caramel and our bedroom and bathroom Glidden's Olivewood. Not sure if we will do the kitchen or back room, this is enough on our plates now! Last night we bought a dryer and bed frame and plan on going sofa shopping tonight! Our current couch was purchased in Jon's bachelor days for $10 on Craigslist so we are excited to have "grown up" furniture! We are trying to decide what we want to do with the front room whether it be an office (Jon works from home most days but usually parks himself on the couch with his laptop), sitting room or formal dining...any ideas?


Mr. Ernie is loving the big backyard but did NOT understand how to use the patio stairs! Our current home is nestled at the bottom of the famous "Mount Bonnell" and has no backyard and limited grass. We are excited for Ernie to have a place of his own where he can explore and run around. Look at his muscular booty!






We will keep you posted on the status of our new place, we are hoping to get everything done by next Saturday (when we have to be out of our other house!). I'm off to go pick paint off of my poor little digits!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi I live in Canada and I was watching House Hunters, and you moved into a different house to what is on your video, what happened? Love your recipes, Julie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...